1. The club shall be called the Gwent Photographic and Digital Imaging Society, and membership shall be open to all interested in Photography.
2. Membership of the Society implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by
3. a) Subscriptions shall be fixed at the Annual General Meeting, and payable at
the first meeting in January.
b) Prospective members are allowed to attend 1 month without payment.
c) Only fully paid up members would be eligible to:-
i) Have a vote and be eligible for nomination for election at Annual General Meetings.
ii) Enter Society competitions.
d) Lapsed Members are to pay the whole years subscription if they return to the
Society within 12 months.
4. The Officers shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, General Secretary,
Treasurer, Syllabus Secretary, Competition Secretary, Publicity Officer.
5. The affairs of the Society shall be managed by the elected Officers (Rule 4) and
Ordinary Committee Members elected at AGM.
6. All Officers and Ordinary Committee Members are to be elected at the Annual
General Meeting and are eligible for re-election each year.
7. Special meetings may be convened on a requisition signed by at least six members,
stating the object, and sent to the Secretary at least fourteen days before the date
8. At committee meetings, four shall form a quorum, and at a General Meeting, eleven.
9. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all the meetings, and conduct the correspondence
of the Society.
10. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due. At the close of each
Society year, a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and audited by
two ordinary members appointed for this purpose at the Annual General Meeting.
11. A Society member may be expelled or asked to resign at the decision of the
Committee. The Committee can request a member to appear before it, provided
that where any accusation or charge is made, the member shall be given full and
reasonable opportunity to put forward a defence and bring witnesses at a later
meeting. Any member expelled or asked to resign shall have the right of appeal to
a Special General Meeting called for this purpose.
All Committee proceedings and those of any Special General Meetings called
under this rule,shall be treated as privileged and confidential.
12. The names of any member whose subscription is more than one month in arrear
may be removed from the membership list by order of the Committee.
13. The Society accepts no responsibility whatsoever for items damaged or lost, whilst
at the Society’s venue, or in the Society’s posession.
14. In the event of dissolution, a Special General Meeting shall be called at which a
liquidator shall be appointed, and a decision made then or subsequently as to the
disposal of Society assets. In the event that the Society is given an award or grant,
then monies/assets derived from that grant shall be donated to a charity, to be
decided at that Special General Meeting.
15. No alteration of, or addition to, these rules shall be made except by the Annual
General Meeting or a Special Meeting called in accordance with Rule 7.